What Do the Council of Representatives Do for You?
AGT has representatives that are working hard for you, the AGT member, student, and / or genetics professional. Your membership funds help support their positions and they in turn, serve as your voice on issues related to the certification exams, educational program, laboratory quality standards, and government affairs. AGT’s ability to retain representation in these areas comes at a financial cost to the organization. However, when faced with difficult financial decisions, the AGT Board of Directors felt it was necessary to ensure these representations continued. It is important that we continue to have a voice in matters that concern our membership. Find out what the Representatives do for you!
American Society of Clinical Pathology Board of Certification Representation (BOC) – Board of Governors (BOG)
Ericka Hendrix, PhD, MB(ASCP)CM
Denise Anamani, MA, MB(ASCP)CM
- Serve on the Board of Certification (BOC) –Board of Governors (BOG). One BOC representative is also on the BOG Executive Committee.
- Each representative serves on one of the following:
- BOG Liaison to the Cytogenetics Examination Committee
- BOG Liaison to the Molecular Biology Examination Committee
- Other duties as assigned by the BOC which can involve serving on sub-committees or chairing the sub-committees.
- Respond to inquiries received from BOC Cytogenetic and Molecular Biology Examination Committee members.
- Attend the Fall and Spring ASCP Board of Certification, Board of Governors meetings.
- Prepare regular updates for AGT membership (articles, email communications and presentations).
National Accrediting Agency for Clinical Laboratory Sciences Representation
Jun Gu, MD, PhD, CG(ASCP) CM
- Participate spring teleconference board meeting
- Attend fall face-to-face board and meetings •
- Prepare regular updates for AGT BOD and membership (articles, email communications and presentations)
- Other duties as assigned by BOD which can involve serving on sub-committees or chairing a sub-committees:
- Site Visit Process Committee
- By-Laws Committee
- QA/OC Committee
- NAACLS Global Task Force Committee
- Accreditation Paradigms Task Force
- Volunteer Mentor Task Force
College of American Pathologists & American College of Medical Genetics and Genomics Representation
Daniel Van Dyke, PhD, FAGMG
- Communicate between AGT and CAP/ACMG.
- Participate in proficiency test design, distribution, and grading with Cytogenetic Resource committee (CYC).
- Attend CYC meetings in person or via webinar.
- Bring updates on CAP survey, CAP inspection, policy /guideline update back to AGT.
- Promote AGT organization and annual meeting through CAP committee.
American Society of Clinical Laboratory Science’s Government Affairs Committee Representation
- Attend monthly web meetings with ASCLS for Government Affairs updates.
- Bring updates on ASCLS platforms, federal and state policy, and regulations in the clinical genetics area that may affect AGT membership to the AGT board.
- Notify AGT membership on upcoming federal and state votes that could impact policy in the area of clinical genetics.