- Promoting cytogenetic and molecular genetic profession and AGT in your region
- Identifying and contacting new cytogenetic, molecular genetic and biochemistry laboratories in your regions for AGT website listings
- Identifying genetic testing personnel in your region for AGT membership application
- Distributing AGT annual meeting information in your region
- Promoting ASCP CG and MB Board of Certificate in your region
As an international member of AGT, you can look forward to:
- A network of peers who can provide answers to questions or help with a challenge in your laboratory
- Four issues of The Journal of the Association of Genetic Technologists
- Free continuing education opportunities through webinars
- Free continuing education opportunities through “Test Yourself” in each Journal issue
- Discounts on AGT publications, Journal Clubs and other continuing education materials to help you earn continuing education for recertification
- Discounts on registration at AGT’s Annual Meeting, where you can learn about current developments in the field and network with your peers
- All the benefits of representation by a highly respected professional organization, which continues to promote the interests of geneticists and genetic technologists through its interactions with numerous national and international health care organizations. AGT currently has representatives to NAACLS, BOC, FGT and CAP/ACMG.
- AGT’s website, where you can find all of the latest association news, job openings in US and order forms
- Opportunities to get involved by volunteering for a committee or submitting an abstract or Journal article
Please complete the AGT International Ambassador Application and email it to AGT if you are interested in becoming an AGT International Ambassador. We welcome your comments and suggestions! Contact information for the Board of Directors, Council of Representatives and our Executive Director is available on the website.
We are pleased to announce the following are members of our Ambassador Program:
(Hong Kong, Taiwan, Mainland China, Japan, South Korea, Singapore)
Thomas S.K. Wan, PhD, FRCPath, FFSc(RCPA)Cytogenetic Laboratory in charge & Honorary Professor
Haematology Division, Department of Pathology
University of Hong Kong, Queen Mary Hospital, HONG KONG.
Visiting Professor, Fujian Medical University, CHINA.
Honorary Professor, Harbin Medical University, CHINA
Tel: (852) 22553172
Philip Hardy, Ph.D.
10 Capel Crt
Bentley, Australia 6102
Latin America / Caribbean
David Palencia Caspedes
Head, The Cytogenetics Department
Department of Cytogenetics, CARPERMOR Laboratory, Mexico City
Alfonzo Herrera No. 75, San Rafael, Cuauhtemoc, CDMX, CP 06470
Irfan Shaukat, Ph.D.
Faculty of Medicine – University of Lorraine
9 Avenue de la Forêt de Haye
54505 Vandoeuvre Les Nancy, France