Call for Nominations for Elected Positions
AGT announces open positions for election in 2022. All nominees must be regular AGT members in good standing.
The deadline for nominations is April 15, 2022.
Director At-Large (2 positions)
Term of Office: 3 years
Qualifications and Duties: The position of Director requires good organizational skills and an ability to coordinate duties and deadlines with AGT’s Executive Office. If elected, attendance at the AGT Annual Business Meeting / Board meeting is required and any associated travel is at your own expense. Nominees run for the Director At-Large positions and are appointed by the BOD to fill the vacant positions of Annual Meeting Director and Public Relations Director.
Annual Meeting Director: Works with the Executive Office and Joint Annual Meeting Committee to plan an annual meeting program. Candidates should have a broad network of contacts in cytogenetics and molecular genetics laboratories. Candidates should be regular attendees of the Joint Annual Meeting and should be familiar with the educational needs of the organization. Specific duties of this position include the following:
- Serves as a member of the Annual Meeting Steering Committee, and Chairs the AGT Annual Meeting Planning Committee and AGT Abstract Committee.
- Assists the AGT Executive Director with additional speaker, workshop presenter, and industry partner outreach.
- Requests scheduling for AGT events at the Joint Annual Meeting, including any AGT Board Meeting requirements, AGT Business Meeting, AGT Awards Ceremony, and any additional meeting space needs.
- Works with AGT Executive Director and ASCLS Directors to schedule workshops at the Joint Annual Meeting.
- Reviews MOU documents related to future meeting agreements, in conjunction with the AGT Executive Committee.
- Assists with promotional material, outreach, and review for AGT awards and honored speakers.
Public Relations Director: Responsibilities include promotional activities and public relations of the Association. Interaction with those involved with membership, education, and the Board of Certification is strongly encouraged. Specific duties of this position include the following:
- Communicates with Committee members, Executive Director, and the AGT President on a regular basis and responds to requests and prepares reports as needed.
- Submits a proposed Committee budget for each fiscal year to the AGT Executive Office for all activities and projects to be undertaken by the Committee.
- Ensures that the membership is kept informed of public relations activities through articles in AGT publications and via AGT’s social media outlets.
- Serves as liaison to the Medical Laboratory Week Coalition.
- Directs correspondences and updates promotional materials for the AGT International Ambassador program.
- Interacts with other related organizations as necessary to maintain AGT’s presence in the genetics and laboratory professions community.
- Retains resumes for committee members.
- Maintains list of committee members and presents, annually, to the Board of Directors for approval.
- Ensures that newly appointed, out of cycle, committee members are approved by the Board of Directors.
Complete nominations online no later than April 15, 2022.