Professionals Week (MLPW) provides the profession with a unique opportunity to
increase public understanding of and appreciation for clinical laboratory
personnel. Medical Laboratory
Professionals Week (MLPW) will take place April
24-30, 2016. AGT is officially a
part of the coalition now and will join 300,000 medical laboratory
professionals around the country who perform and interpret more than 10 billion
laboratory tests in the US every year this year.
See below for more on the history of Lab Week.
March 21 - April 29
e to play the 2016 AGT Scavenger Hunt. The deadline to play has been extended through Monday, May 9.
2016 Lab Week Photo Contest
This year, AGT proudly celebrates Medical Laboratory Professionals Week (MLPW) by holding our fourth annual Best Picture contests.
||to submit pictures of your celebration to enter the contest.|
- Deadline for submission is May 9, 2016
- You need to be an AGT member in order to be eligible.
- Please limit one submission per member per category of contest.
- Please see below for acceptable formats for submission.
- Winners will be awarded the following prizes in gift card format.
- First prize: $75 (1)
- Second prize: $50 (2)
- Third prize: $25 (3)
All winners will be featured in the third issue of 2016 JAGT as well as on this page of the AGT website.
Photo Submission Requirements
- All photograph submissions must be 5 megabytes or smaller, must be in JPEG or JPG format, and must be at least 1,600 pixels wide (if a horizontal image) or 1,600 pixels tall (if a vertical image).
- The photograph, each in its entirety, must be a single work of original material taken by the contest entrant. By entering the contest, entrant represents, acknowledges and warrants that the submitted photograph are original works created solely by the entrant and that no other party has any right, title, claim or interest in the photograph.
- Though you retain copyright in each image submitted, the digital image file(s) submitted will not be returned or acknowledged.
Click here to read about the history of MLPW
Click here to see Lab Week's past themes, since 1975
Click here to read about fun ideas to celebrate, including accessing logos to download in black and white and color.
Contact us with any questions. Good luck and happy 2016 MLPW!
Cytogenetic Technologist Senior
Clinical and Molecular Cytogenetics Laboratory
7703 Floyd Curl Drive, MC 7750
San Antonio, Texas 78229-3900
Cytogenetic Technologist II
University of Chicago Medical Center
Cancer Cytogenetics Lab
5835 S. Cottage Grove
Chicago, IL 60637
Senior Education Specialist
200 First St. SW
Rochester, MN 55905
507/538-7634 Fax: 507-284-0043
Director – Association of Genetic Technologists
National Medical Laboratory Professionals Week originated in 1975 as National Medical Laboratory Week, or NMLW, under the auspices of the American Society for Medical Technology, now called the American Society for Clinical Laboratory Science (ASCLS). In subsequent years, other organizations have served as cosponsors and campaign supporters. These organizations include AABB, AACC, American Society of Cytopathology, American Society for Clinical Pathology, American Society for Cytotechnology, American Society for Histocompatibility and Immunogenetics, American Society for Microbiology, Association of Public Health Laboratories, CLMA, College of American Pathologists (CAP), and National Society for Histotechnology. The goals of the lab week is to make more people aware of who clinical lab people are and to celebrate the contributions they make to the overall health care system. AGT will participate and sponsor activities during this year’s celebration. A Lab Week Committee has been assembled under Public Relations (see above).