In an effort to promote AGT internationally, we are looking for AGT Ambassadors who could carry out these responsibilities:
- Promoting cytogenetic profession and AGT in your region
- Identifying and contacting new cytogenetic, molecular genetic and biochemistry laboratories in your regions for AGT website listings
- Identifying genetic testing personnel in your region for AGT membership application
- Distributing AGT annual meeting information in your region
- Promoting ASCP CG Board of Certificate in your region
As an international member of AGT, you can look forward to:
- A network of peers who can provide answers to questions or help with a challenge in your laboratory through AGT’s listserv
- Four issues of The Journal of the Association of Genetic Technologists, now available on the AGT website
- Access to searchable and printable versions of the AGT International Membership and Laboratory Directories on the AGT website
- Free continuing education opportunities through quarterly webinars
- Free continuing education opportunities through “Test Yourself” in each Journal issue
- Discounts on AGT publications, Journal Clubs and other continuing education materials to help you earn continuing education for recertification
- Discounts on registration at AGT’s Annual Meeting, where you can learn about current developments in the field and network with your peers
- All the benefits of representation by a highly respected professional organization, which continues to promote the interests of geneticists and genetic technologists through its interactions with numerous national and international health care organizations. AGT currently has representatives to NAACLS, BOC, CCCLW, FGT and CAP/ACMG.
- AGT’s website, where you can find all of the latest association news, job openings in US and order forms
- Opportunities to get involved by volunteering for a committee or submitting an abstract or Journal article
Please complete the application form and email us if you are interested in becoming an AGT International Ambassador.
We welcome your comments and suggestions! Contact information for the Board of Directors, Council of Representatives and our Executive Office Staff is available under the Contact Us menu.
We are pleased to announce the following are members of our Ambassador Program:
(Hong Kong, Taiwan, Mainland China, Japan, South Korea, Singapore)
Thomas S.K. Wan, PhD, FRCPath, FFSc(RCPA)
Cytogenetic Laboratory in charge & Honorary Professor
Haematology Division, Department of Pathology
University of Hong Kong, Queen Mary Hospital, HONG KONG.
Visiting Professor, Fujian Medical University, CHINA.
Honorary Professor, Harbin Medical University, CHINA
Tel: (852) 22553172 Email: email@example.com
Romena Qazi, Ph.D.
Dept of Pathology, Shaukat Khanum Memorial Cancer Hospital & Research Centre
Johar town, Lahore
Tel: +92-42-359000 Ext:4366 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Philip Hardy, Ph.D. (c)
Cyto labs DX, Ltd.
10 Capel Crt
Bentley, Australia 6102
Tel: +61-83-93567222 E-mail: email@example.com
Kendra Coufal, M.S.
Human Genetics MMI 985440 UNMC
Omaha, NE 68198-5440
Tel: 402-559-5716 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mohamed Ahamed Hassan, Ph.D.
Head, The biotechnology department
Africa city of technology -aljama street
Tel: 00249969299529 E-mail: email@example.com
Emmanuel Edwar Siddig
Faculty of Medical Laboratory Science
University of Khartoum 321/79
Khartoum, 11115 Sudan
Tel: 002490911300998 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Qiang Zhao, M.D.
Medical Director, Lab Director, Kingmed Diagnostics
Third floor 2429 Xingang Dong Road
Guangzhou, China 510330
Tel: +86-20-89237831 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org